top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

I received tuition subsidies and did not pay for it myself, am I entitled to a tax refund? 


If your tuition was subsidized and you did not pay for it yourself, you are not entitled to a tax refund.

Can Students who are married to a spouse that does not hold a U.S. citizenship claim the tax refund?
Yes, married students are entitled to claim the credit and will file a tax return including revenues of both spouses.
How much money will I get?


The amount depends on several variables, but it can reach up to 2,500$. 

Please contact us and we will check for you.

Should the person handling the refund request have knowledge in tax issues?


In order for you to get your refund you must submit a full annual tax report and therefore it is very important that you use the services of a tax professional.

I just heard of the tax credit and did not claim it for the years 2011 and 2012, can I still get a refund for these years?


Yes, you can submit reports for the last three years and receive refunds retroactively.

disclaimer: does not advise on any personal income tax requirements or issues. Use of any information from this site is for general information only and does not represent personal tax advice either express or implied.

Smartax logo
bottom of page